Inductees: Induction Criteria
The following criteria for membership in the Mississippi Musicians Hall of Fame are designed to give guidance to the selection committee. Exceptions in selected criteria may be made for good cause.
The candidate/nominee must:
- have been born and lived a large part of his or her life in Mississippi.
- be well known in his/her field of music.
- have wide name recognition outside of Mississippi.
- have contributed significantly to the advancement of music in America.
- have received awards for musical achievement outside of Mississippi.
- have performed or had his/her works performed on TV, video, audio, in movies, etc. (Exceptions made for early performers.
- have toured nationally or internationally or written music that has been performed on tour and
- have appeared in nationally recognized concert halls, theaters, playgrounds, fairs, etc.
Time in the field will not be considered except when a preference is given to seniority and long-term achievement.
There may be instances when groups and ensembles will be considered for recognition. In those cases, the above criteria will be followed and modified if needed.
Vasti Jackson Celebrates the Birthplace of America's Music: First Came the Blues DVD
This 2012 DVD features Vasti Jackson talking about the birth of the Blues in the cotton fields of the Mississippi Delta. In addition to the story, fans will be thrilled to hear Jackson play four new original songs on this one-of-a-kind DVD.
Cost: $14.95 + $5.00 S&H
Mail-In Order Form
If you prefer to place an order through the mail, please download and fill out the mail-in order form.